Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Almost what I expected

It's completely official that I'm going to Argentina Oct. 29 through November 7th. The only change is that I have to come up with $300 dollars for the trip when at first I didn't think I needed anything. But I am so excited about this trip, yet still nervous about leaving Mandy and the church for ten days. The Lord knows I have been dreaming about going on a mission trip out of the country for years now and without me even asking he gives it to me. He does that a lot for me; gives me my dreams when I don't even have the nerve to ask for them. It kinda flies in the face of that theology that says when we get to heaven there will be a box of things there that God wanted to give to us, but we never asked for.

Yesterday we got our carpet installed and it looks really nice, expect they couldn't install one room cause they didn't order enough carpet. It's really frustrating cause our house has been a mess these last two months we have been remodeling and we thought we could finally put everything back where it belongs, but now we have to wait a few more weeks. It's hard figuring out how I'm supposed to respond. We were promised one installer by the carpet people because we heard good things about him, but they later told us because of contractural obligations we couldn't have him and we had to go with somebody else. We didn't complain and said "ok," and they gaurented us these guys would do a good job. The guys we eventually had to go with measured wrong and didn't order enough carpet so now we have to wait. I feel bad for the guy who measured wrong and I'm afraid if I complain I'll get him in more trouble than he is already in, but the store manger gaurented me they would do a good job. How do I respond? I don't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kev! I'm so glad to hear the you get to go to Argentina. If you need a translator, I can go with you. Or we could give you some free Spanish lessons here at our house! Congratulations on this opportunity! I love you!

Susan