Friday, September 17, 2004

Cold Friday's

Most of you who read this know about this ministry our church has of going to the local bus stop every Friday. There is only one bus stop in our neighborhood for all the middles school and high school kids and between 70 and 90 kids catch one of three buses there every day.

Last year in the middle of winter we feel God led us to start taking hot chocolate and some sort of breakfast food down there every Friday. The kids seem to really like it and myself and the few other volunteers that our there every Friday really like it.

Today it rained the whole time we were down there, thanks Ivan, but luckily Dee brought her tent canopy, so at least the donuts stayed dry. It is only the second time it rained since we've been going down to the bus stop. I wondered if any of the kids realized that we are just like mailmen; rain, sleet, or shine we deliver. We haven't missed a Friday since we started last November, we've been consistent in this. I kind of doubt they've noticed, but if we weren't there this morning they would have noticed. They would have thought we are only there on the good mornings.

I pray we are showing them something about the love of God every Friday. I pray they come to know the love of God. I thank God for letting me know a little bit more about his love through those kids.

No comments: