Saturday, November 27, 2004

"Saved"

Trent C. was in town tonight and he brought over the movie "saved." One of the more disturbing movies I ever saw. Not for the normal reasons either. But because...
-it pointed out the hypocrisy in my life.
-it made me want to defend the Church and the Faith.
-it left me judging other Christians.
-it was dead wrong in the end.
-it hurt to watch.
But I guess I can say I was glad I saw it. It sparked a wonderful discussion afterward with Mandy, Trent, and I. Part of me says every Christian should see it, but that is probably the side of me that is judging other Christians. If any of you have seen it or if you see let me know so we can talk about it.

Just to prep you, it is a satire on youth group Christianity. It is definitely from a non Christian perspective, but had to have some inside information based on the way it makes fun of us. You will laugh if you watch it, but you'll probably want to cry as well.

No comments: