Wednesday, November 24, 2004

prayer

Our church has started taking prayer a little more seriously lately. We are praying for one another more as well as for people in our neighborhood asking God to do immeasurably more than we could ask or even imagine. It's been powerfull to see our church pray like this and even more powerful to watch God respond.

Yesterday I found out a family in our neighborhood that Mandy and I know have a father who was diagnosed with cancer and has ten to eighteen months to live. His wife just died of cancer about five months ago and it wasn't pretty and his mother died a week after that. We hurt for his son and his son's family that we know pretty well. They are taking it pretty rough. They are connected to our church in a few ways, but I wouldn't say they are apart of it.

Where I struggle today is how I pray. Do I pray for healing? His cancer is terminal and he is in his sixties and seems to have accepted his fate. Yet I feel God leading me to boldy pray for his miraculous healing in a way that we could never ask or imagine. I get scared cause those prayers give hope to the family. But I am not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

Father, I pray for his healing in a way that we couldn't even ask for or even imagine. I pray also through the way you heal you would speak to his son's family in a way we could never ask for or imagine. I pray you would guide me and other believers as we are with the family through this time that we would have the words and love to point them to you. May you do more than we have asked or even imagined and may your name receive glory and honor through it all. Praise be to your name!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

We are taking prayer seriously. If there is anyone else who would like to post a prayer request for our church to pray for I have set up a blog for prayer. www.gotprayer.blogspot.com feel free to post any prayer requests you may have.