Saturday, November 13, 2004

3rd place

Yep, I finished in third place today in the 4 mile homecoming classic. Well, that was in my age division in which there where only three runners. To see my results click here and you'll see that I ran it in 37 min. 15 seconds, which is averaging a 9 min 19 second mile. I was quite pleased cause I was praying to run it under 40 minutes.

I was almost emotional when I started the race which was odd. But this one of the few things that I've ever done that was beyond me when I started training. I'm not sure if I ever have run a mile and a half before I started training. I had to do it cause last April I weighed 250 and my blood pressure was like 140 something over 100 and I couldn't run up a flight of stairs without loosing my breath. Now I weigh 225 (which still needs to go down some), my blood pressure is 127 over 79, and I feel good. I don't like to be a boastfull person, but today I am proud of myself and thankful for a God who has given me the ability to do all of this.

Thanks to James, Mandy, and Hank for coming to greet me at the finish line. That meant a lot! Now the journey begins of trying to stay in shape.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Congrats Kevin! I am very proud of you too! Way 2 Go!