Thursday, November 04, 2004

Cold and Rainy

For those of you that are jealous that I am in Argentina for the wonderul weather, don´t be today. It´s cold and rainy today. For those of you that are jealous because of all the wonderful things I get to experience, be very jealous. Last night they threw a groucho party for us at the seminary. They had a big bonfire, wonderful food, live Argentinian music, and wonderful fellowship with our group and a bunch of people from their church.

The most frustrating thing is not being able to speak Spanish. I find myself saying gracious all the time, cause that is one of the few words I know. I guess if I only know a few words, that is a great one to know.

Getting to know people through broken spanish, broken english, and hand gestures is frustrating, but worth it. I met this guy last night who graduated from the seminary last year and he told me through an interpreter that his passion is preaching to sinners so that they would draw closer to God. Another guy we´ve been working with is almost done with seminary and when he is done he is going to take his family 500 kilometers away to be missionaries with him in a very poor town.

I love the people we are meeting. I love Colon Argentina. I pray I get to come back. Only next time I hope it is with Mandy. I miss her so much right now.

The other thing I´ll do next time I´m here is not to drink the water, even to brush my teeth, which is the only time I´ve had any local water in my mouth. I´ve been on the pot a ton today!

No comments: