Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Thought on parenthood

Since in about 21 weeks I'll be a dad, thoughts on parenthood in books that I read jump out at me. I liked this one from A Work of Heart by Reggie McNeil:

"Common wisdom maintains that children are given to parents so parents can instruct them. The truth is, God gives children to parents to teach the parents some things. Things like patience, and discipline, and self-sacrafice, and responsibility, and mercy, and hope. Also exquisite joy and celebration, and the meaning of legacy, and a glimpse of eternity."

1 comment:

Debby said...

Kerri told me I needed to check out your blog and I'm glad I did. What a beautiful quote and trust me being a mom and now a nana, it is so true. They teach me something everyday. Congratulations and strap on your seatbelt it's quite a ride.
Debby
(Kerri's Mom)