Wednesday, January 05, 2005

My first B

Yep, I got my first "B" in a seminary class this last quarter. I hope I don't sound boastfull in saying that. It shouldn't bother me cause grades aren't important, learning is, especially when I don't see any more school in the future for me. I just like having a high GPA for ego purposes, I've got to get over that, so in some ways I'm happy I got a B. For the record I've gotten plenty of A-'s at seminary, so I haven't been a perfect 4.0 student all along.

But just after my ego got crushed by getting a "B" one of my favorite proffesors came and asked me to be a teaching assistant for him in one of his classes he is teaching this quarter. So my head got filled with more air. I don't have time to do it, but just the fact that he asked made me feel good about myself. So, if you know me or live close by me come over and say mean things to me so my head will deflate a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a dork! (How's that for starters?) :-)

James said...

We all already knew you were brilliant Kevin. I got my first B out of the way in my second semester of grad school... it really helped relieve the pressure to be prideful or feel ultra intelligent.