Friday, January 28, 2005

sermon writing

Why is it so stinking hard? I feel like I'm trying to birth a baby. It's always fun when the idea gets planted, and once you realize where your going with it you get excited. But over time you get bloated and you swell up and wonder how is this baby gonna fit through that hole. The actual writing of it is like labor to me, so painfull! But actually giving the sermon is sorta like when you get to hold the baby, but the true joy comes in watching it grow to maturity as people leave to live it out.

I'm in the midst of a painfull labor write now.

2 comments:

James said...

Kevin,

See www.thesimplestuf.blogspot.com for a similar battle a couple weeks ago. Ouch. God ripped me a new one with that baby. Peace to you brother.

Stetlers said...

just a thought-- the birth analogies might not go over so well post June. Your wives will quickly remind you that you have no idea what the pain of childbirth is really like.
love you both!!!!