Thursday, May 12, 2005

Not to be

Sad day for me today. I've talked about a church we wanted to buy in our neighborhood and I found out today that it got sold to another church. I've never particularly wanted it, well at least as much as the rest of the people in our church, but it seemed so logical. I just always felt like God was going to give it to us, but today I found out that is most likely not going to happen.

I've been through so many emotions today already. I first heard about it from a friend who goes to the church that we wanted to buy. I had to be happy for him cause his church needed to sell it quick so they could finish their new building project, yet I wanted to cry while putting a smile on my face. He wasn't positive the deal had gone through yet, so parts of me hoped the deal might fall through. But then I thought what a pompus ass I was being cause it was another church who was buying it. Then I worried about another church coming down to our neighborhood and the competition that would bring us. That led me to calling myself a lot worse words than ass.

I ended up having to leave the library where I was planning to get some work done and go pray at a few places. I had to go to the where the purchasing church currently meats at and pray for them and then to the church property that we wanted to buy and they are buying and pray for them again. There I saw no more 4-sale signs and I realized it was for real. I had to start planning in my mind how we would welcome this church to our neighborhood and how we could work together as brothers and sisters in Christ.

I also stopped by the Alternative Center and prayed for them. They are moving into the building where we currently meet. I'm pray that God will shine His light into that school through our church. And I pray they will still let us meet in their building after they move in.

I wrote the above as a confession. The Bible says it's good to confess our sins to one another. I also wrote it for the record. I want to read this again in five years and see in what ways God did cool things even through what I think is currently discouraging news. And that's the thing, I'm confident God is taking care of us even now.

I have so many more thoughts going through my mind right now, but I'll save you from them. Blessings on your day knowing that we serve a God who is able to do immeasurable more than all we could ask or even imagine.

ps. The new Narnia trailer is out at www.narnia.com it's good. Of course he's not safe, but he's good.

1 comment:

James said...

Kev, Your post made me cry, which is funny because I told you I didn't even want you to buy that building :-) I am a little emotionally raw already. Brace yourself and then go read my blog. I have some bad news. I love you buddy. I really do!