Saturday, May 14, 2005

Does God care about poop stains?

So yesterday our toilet clogs up. So I find this old rusty snake in our basement that was left there from the previous owners to unclog our toilet with. Of course I can't get the stupid thing to work, but it did leave these ugly brown rust stains all over the toilet that looked like poop stains. Eventually I got the toilet unclogged with another device and kind of forgot about the stains until Mandy came home. She asked me about them and I told her that I couldn't find our toilet scrubber. She told me she didn't think they would come off even with a scrubber. And she was right, they didn't. So now we had a permanetly pooped stained toilet, which is never fun to have.

I felt pretty bad about that last night and this morning I woke up and tried to bleach them out. It wasn't working and I felt pretty bad. So I let some bleach soke in the toilet while I took a shower praying that the soaking would bring it out. Literally I was praying in the shower for that bleach to have extra special strength to bring the ugly stains out. But while I was praying it was as if God told me to go down to our friends at GR Smith's hardware store and ask them for advice. So I get out of the shower to find out the bleach didn't work and followed the good Lord's leading to talk to my friend Bill at GR Smith's. He showed me stuff that he thought might work, so I bought it and took it home to try it.

Sure enough it worked like magic and we now have the whitest toilet bowl we've had in a long time. God doesn't always make our bleach extra strong when we ask, some times He just tells us where to get better stuff. God cares about us more than we ever know, even about the poop stains that really get us down.

After all that I woke Mandy up, who was taking a nap on the couch, to show her the clean toilet. She was so proud she gave me a hug and a kiss. So not only did God brighten my day by giving me a clean toilet, He also got me a hug and a kiss from the most beautiful girl in town!

No comments: