Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Need a Vacation

In class today I realized Mandy and I need to get away this summer for a week. Of course Lucy will also be with us. I'm thinking the first week in August right now. Anybody have any cool ideas of a place that is no more than five hours away and is a fun place to go to. We like the outdoors, but with a kid we also want all the amenities of comfort we can get. We'll also be on a pretty tight budget. My friend Gary gave me the idea of the finger lakes in upstate New York. Post or email me any good ideas you may have. Thanks!!!

2 comments:

Stetlers said...

There's no better spot than Brown County, IN--Nashville, IN. It's a beautiful quaint town with great little shops, wonderful restaurants, an amazing state park. It's our very favorite family vacation spot. It's about a three hour drive. We've stayed in some beautiful cabins there, we've been more times than I can count. My favorite cabin, The Snoozing Moose. You should be able to find it on the internet, or you can call me for more info. Can you tell I absolutely love this place! We can even let you borrow our baby back pack for hiking. Sorry for the long book I've just written, call me if you want to hear more!

James said...

Kevin,

Check out http://www.family.org/pastor/resources/pcd/ministries/
Kelly and I found an amazing place on that site, with an amazing view in North Carolina, where we went two years ago with 2 of my high school friends on vacation.
Click on the Rest and Renewal sites. Some are more counseling/structured deals, but others are just plain inexpensive getaways for pastors!
Fringe benefits of ministry.