Sunday, February 27, 2005

Words just aren't enough

This morning was such a wonderful church service. Words just aren't enough to explain how good it way. I started the service by telling everyone I'm not sure what to expect today except that God will be with us and that He is good. He was definitly with us and He was definitly good.

We had Amy Lewis bring a pottery wheel to church today to help us figure out what it means when the Bible always compares us to clay and God to our potter. Amy, who is pretty shy, thrived even though she told me later she was shaking the whole time (How do you make pottery when you're shaking?). People made comments throughout the demonstration bringing it home to real life. Some people were crying because it spoke to them so deeply.

I guess I talked a lot, but so did Amy, and so did a lot of other people in church. And through all of us talking I think we all heard God talking to us.

God is doing such a wonderful work in our church. We are definitly in for a fun ride.

No comments: