Friday, February 18, 2005

Kingdom

Most of you are aware that I've been thinking about the Kingdom a lot lately. In church when it's testimony time I now ask if anyone has seen the Kingdom break into their lives lately. What does it mean to be citizens of the Kingdom, is a question I ask a lot lately. So when I find quotes about the Kingdom I pay attention. I really liked this quote I found on someone else's blog today.

We're all aware of the tension that we live in, the tension of the Kingdom, the Kingdom come but not in fullness...the already and the not yet. In the times when we long to see a practical manifestation of the rule and reign of God break into our lives, and yet don't see it, we're tempted to lean towards the side of the "not in its fullness" or the "not yet". My encouragement to you tonight is to lean towards the side of the Kingdom come, of the "already". Why not fall towards that? Dare to hope a bit. Give the Kingdom come the benefit of the doubt. Take a risk and pray "Your Kingdom come" with an air of expectation.

No comments: