Thursday, January 26, 2006

thoughts

Last week I preached on 1 Cor 7:29-31 which says in part, "those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not...For this world in its present form is passing away. " I said lots of things about this, probably even some pretty good stuff, but not what tugs at my heart when I read that.

I think about Lucy some nights and I cry. I really hurt for her. Yet when I read that passage I'm reminded that downs is only for this life, in heaven all our tears will be wiped away. Some times I think about Lucy and get real excited. I dream about her winning Little Miss Knox County at the Fair, about her lighting up our neighborhood with her smile, and about her dancing and singing on Broadway. Yet I know when I read this passage that even if all that takes place that is not where our hope lies and all that is nothing compared to our inheritance in heaven.

I try to keep this life in perspective. It's tough sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev- Hey man, how about this, I come to the Vern and we remind each other about the Kingdom. It sounds like your little girl is going to be a great reminder for you.

You mentioned keeping life in "perspective." Life is inevitably going to be full of seasons, the reality is that the Kingdom of God is always near!!! Now thats a perspective that I would like to have all the time. I don't. But I'm working on it. I think may have something to do with rejoicing in sufferings or something.... I love you man.

Anonymous said...

Kev,
Another thing I love about you is
that you are so honest about how
you feel about the things that matter most in life. You are right in what you said.

Our Lucy is a special girl in every
way and we love her forever and ever no matter what, just as we love you forever and ever no matter
what.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Kev,
Lucy is so lucky to have a dad like you,even if you were an annoying brother. She is such a blessing. She is so precious, I am so proud to be her aunt. I know that it's hard but focus on today!

Love,

Your sister