Friday, July 11, 2008

Live From Boston

The family and I are at the National down syndrome Congress Convention in Boston. I want to explain everything, but I'm not sure I can. My emotions well up just about every other minute. I see someone with down syndrome everywhere I go, it's the most amazing sight. I love my daughter so very much. I am so proud of her.

They gave an award to this doctor here in Boston who works in their down syndrome clinic. In a video tribute they had a whole bunch of kids with down syndrome saying thank you to him. I couldn't help thinking that their could hardly be any better reward in this life than to have all those kids thanking him. My tears welled up pretty good during that one.

I can't fully explain it, but some days I think I understand God just a bit better because of down syndrome.

No comments: