Friday, January 19, 2007

Petra Rocks!!!

Mandy got me a two disk Petra greatest hits collection for Christmas. Definitely one of the best presents I’ve gotten in a long time. I’ve been a big Petra fan ever since I saw their Beyond Belief tour when I was a freshman in High School, which was such a great concert. I’m a not the biggest fan of much that came after, but albums such as This Means War, Beyond Belief, Fired Up, and Petra Phonics will always be some of my all time favorites. What’s cool about the CD’s Mandy gave me is that they have songs I don’t know I’ve ever heard before, so I’ve quickly fell in love with Grave Robber and God Gave Rock and Roll to You (I sing it every where I go and everybody’s getting sick of hearing it.)

Then this last week my good friend Dee brought by a record player, so I could listen to her Petra’s Beat the System live album. Lucy and I jammed too it all morning, though I’m not sure she’s a big fan yet.

Did I mention I met Louie Weaver (Petra’s drummer) in an elevator of a hotel I was staying in while I was in Phoenix after my senior year in High School? He didn’t talk much, I think I scared him.

1 comment:

urBenLA said...

Louie Weaver rocks! "put it in the sooouuuulll of everyone" I used to dig Petra back when I was in Jr. High, and I still have some mix tapes my friends dubbed for me with "This means War" and "Fired Up"