Thursday, May 18, 2006

Update on my life...

-My last class at seminary is this Monday night, then I'm done. I can't tell you all how excited I am to be done.
-Mandy bought me a new gas grill as a graduation present. We fired it up last night and had a big cookout. I like cookouts.
-I'm reading irresistable revolution by Shane Claiborne of the Simple Way in Philly. It's making me think really hard and evaluate really hard right now. I think I'm gonna have our whole church read it so we can think really hard and evaluate really hard together, which will hopefully lead us to change the way we live together. I absolutely love the book, not because he has any new thoughts, but because he calls us prophetically to live the way we believe. And yes, I've already read Blue Like Jazz and loved it, but this book takes the discussion to a whole nother level.
-I am absolutely amazed by my daughter and so are her doctors and therapists. She shouldn't be doing as well as she is. I love her more every day. Her b-day in June 12th, but were celebrating it on June 4th, you are all invited to come. I'll post the party info on her blog within the next week.
-I've almost lost thirty bounds, this morning I weighed in at 223. If I can get down to 200 and keep it off for at least three months then Mandy and decided I could get a tatoo on my left forarm.

3 comments:

urBenLA said...

hey Kevin,
BTW, I talked to Shane and he can get it to me now for $6 (donation) per book if you want be to get some for you... hit me via my e-mail or call my cell 562-688-3491 before Saturday night. thanks.
-Ben

Anonymous said...

Kev,

I can't help but wish that maybe you don't lose the weight!

Sis

The Camerons said...

A tattoo huh? You rebel!!