Monday, June 13, 2005

You know what?

I'm pumped. Mandy and I have gotten to hold Lucy all day to day. She is a gift from God! I haven't cried since I've been able to hold her on a regular basis. When she was in that awful incubator all I could think about was her future and I cried and cried. But now when I hold her I live in the present with her and I am so greatful. I honestly have a completely different attitude than I had in the early morning hours today. I'm not sad and I am not really even scared anymore. I haven't forced myself to be like this, I just think God has gifted me with the right perspective for right now just like he has gifted us with the most wonderful little girl. There God goes giving us immeasurable more than all we could ask or even imagine.

5 comments:

James said...

I have been following along all day Kevin and I am so excited for the two of you. I love the way the Lord is blessing you with joy, peace and perspective. You have new life in your lives! We are holding your arms up through our prayers and will hold your baby sometime soon hopefully. We love you and miss you!
J&K

Stetlers said...

Beautiful to wake up this morning and read your words of hope and joy. You and Mandy have been in our prayers constantly over the last 24 hours. We will continue to pray that God blesses you with His peace as you bring your beautiful baby girl home. Wish I could be there to give you a big hug this morning.

Anonymous said...

kevin--
i've been out of town and hadn't had a chance to check for updates. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy lucy kay is here safe and sound and that she and mandy are doing alright. i'll continue to check in on you guys about what the doctors finally said and all.
take care. hope you're getting some sleep! please send mandy my blessings.
--kelli

Anonymous said...

Ben and I love you both very much and we share in your joy with you. We are so happy that Lucy is here and that Madi has a new best friend. Madison and I were just talking today about her new friend and she smiled from ear to ear when I told her that she could meet Lucy very soon. You are in our prayers as you begin this new journey of parenthood. We hope that you feel free to call on us anytime, day or night. Believe me, we understand! Love, Carey

miz fuhrell said...

I thought I recognized that name in Marshall's comments...and then I saw Carey's name and it's beginning to make sense. :) Just wanted to let you know I'll be remembering you and "your girls" in prayer.