Saturday, April 16, 2005

Hi

Sorry I haven't really blogged in a while. I got frustrated with it for some reason that I can't put my finger on. A couple things of interest for you...
-Saw Mike Pape last weekend. I couldn't believe it when I saw him. Had a good conversation with him and he seems to be doing pretty well for himself. He got married, has a good job, and is building a new house. So for all my college friends who have been wondering what ever happened to Pape, now you know.
-Mandy and I took Hank to Mohican yesterday. Went on a long walk from the covered bridge to the dam and back again. Hank loved it, he couldn't stay out of the water, but luckily we had blankets to put across the back seat for the ride home. I like walks in the woods.
-I don't like two of my seminary classes this quarter. I'm very frustrated in them, yet a friend reminded me I might need to humble myself a bit so maybe I could learn something. With such a big head it is sometimes hard to learn what you need to learn.
-Less than two months tell Lucy is due to join us on the outside. I'm pretty pumped silly about that.
-We got some crazy college kids who are diving into our church. At least two are moving into the neighborhood for their senior year. A couple are graduating and sticking around with us. Others are prayer walking the neighborhood once a week. I was pretty curious about them at first, but I'm begining to see why God has brought us all together.
-I'm in the midst of a sermon series called what does it mean to be the people of God. So we're saved and happy and go to church once a week, but is that it? Are we any different than the rest of the world? If so, how?
-That's all for now. I love you all.

No comments: