Friday, April 22, 2005

20/5000 Eyesight

This morning two girls from the college, who are apart of our church, prayer walked part of the neighborhood with me. While we were walking one of the girls said something along the lines of “last week’s service was one of the best I was ever apart of. I felt like that was what was church is supposed to be about.”

I was floored after she said that cause I felt last week’s service was pretty average and my sermon was really weak. So I asked what was so good about it and she said, “God.”

I think I need to start opening my eyes so I can see God in our services. I’m so worried about the sermon, the music, the show, and making sure everybody is Ok that I forget to see God, who is there the whole time. Lord, forgive me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kev,
We all need to look for God in our services, not just you. He is doing something big in your neighborhood.

Love you,
Mom