Saturday, July 15, 2006

Old emails...

I was going through emails from last June and read a bunch that came shortly after Lucy was born... I haven't cried like this in a while. Those were some of the scariest days of my life. I don't think I knew which end was up. Even though I wish my daughter never had to have down's syndrome I can honestly say I love her completely the way she is and I wouldn't want her any different. I know that doesn't make sense, but it does in my mind.

I can't imagine ever loving someone as much as her, which is really weird considering we just found out Mandy is expecting. They say the due date in Feb. 6th. We are really excited, yet a bit scared. They say we have a 1 in a hundred shot of having another child with down's. Our doctor is going to get us a level 2 ultrasound at OSU this fall to help with our nerves, but even if everything is ok I'm sure we'll be scared until we get to hold our new baby in our arms.

God's been so good to us this last year and we have no reason to doubt He won't continue to do so in these next seven months and beyond.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Kev,
God is so faithful! and I suppose that just pretty much sums up my
feelings. Our little sunshine girl
is so precious! It is amazing how
much one can fall in love with a child and still find room for more
love for the next one.

Love you,
Mom

The Camerons said...

Congratulations, Kevin(& Mandy & Lucy)! We will be praying for you guys.

BT said...

Congratulations!

Jamie said...

I know what you mean. It is hard to believe you will be able to love the second one as much as you have loved the first one. But some how God gives an abudance to give once the second one arrives and is just as precious as the first!!

Kelly said...

Congratulations Peterson family!! You will certainly be in our prayers!

James,Kelly & Halle

Anonymous said...

Peace to you. Kev, you're one of my favorites!
HOFF

KM said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news!