Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Traditional church

With all of the talk of how bad the traditional church is (and a lot of it is justified) by a lot of my friends in the blog world I thought I needed to post something.
I went to my district office yesterday to drop some stuff off. When I pulled up the District Superintendents wife saw me and ran outside. She said you go in and take care of business while I sit in the car with Lucy. It was raining and cold and she didn't want me to have to take her out in that weather. She is so kind.
I go inside and my DS was there and he came out of his office to talk to me. He was so encouraging to me and our church. He kept telling me it is going to take all kinds of different churches doing all different kinds of things. He believes in me and our church.
Granted we aren't a radicaly different church than most, we probably look more traditional than I would like to admit at times, but he is encouraging us to be who we need to be, who God is calling us to be.
I like my DS a lot. Mandy and I call him P Dubya (that's short for Pastor Wilson). Sure he sees the church through different lenses than I do, but he allows me to keep using my lenses. On top of that Him and his wife love me and my family.

2 comments:

myoldblog2009 said...

"Now it happened that on a Sabbath day he had gone to share a meal in the house of one of the leading Pharisees..." (Luke 14:1a)

...Jesus is in place to break all kinds of rules and to upset lots of people. He's eating with the cultural and religious establishment, the leading Pharisees. That in itself is undoubtedly upsetting the social activists in town, the liberals. Can't you hear them: 'What is he doing going over and eatingin Northeast Heights with the rich people!'"

-Rohr (Jesus Plan for a New World)

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to call. Are you on-line?
=)