Friday, September 02, 2005

The hurricane

Just a guess, but I think what we are seeing in New Orleans right now might change the way America sees and treats our inner cities for years to come. On one hand we might see what is going on and build the wall between suburbia and inner city even higher. On the other hand we might realize that we need to do something about the conditions of our inner cities that breed things like we see on CNN. I don't expect the later to take place, but we're Kingdom people who live with hope and pray "Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, in our inner cities as it is in Heaven."

1 comment:

myoldblog2009 said...

I agree, we have been exposed.

I have a busy year ahead as well, Kevin, but I am not a stay at home father and husband. That is hard for me, so enjoy it. I think that is awesome for you.

Looking back since I graduated in 2001, it has taken me four years to begin to understand the Kingdom and live it - you have been doing it since you graduated - you are a great role model. You are someone who gives hope to persons living in poverty, rural or urban.

I look forward to keeping up with your blog.

peace,

Kyle